As I enter the last few days of the 30-Day Green Cat Challenge, it’s time to turn my gaze outwards for eco-friendly cat ideas. For the first 25 days of the Challenge, I looked at Furball and our lifestyle to see how to green my cat’s lifestyle. Now it’s time to see what ideas other people have for reducing your cat’s carbon paw print.
Here’s a list of interesting eco-friendly cat ideas I found while researching the web (in no particular order):
- A collection of green pet articles on Green Living Ideas
- 8 simple ideas for “How to Go Green Your Pet” on eHow — I copied the grammar word for word from their site
- 15 Top Green Pet Tips on Planet Green
- Great Green Pet — a green shopping blog for eco-friendly pet products
- The pet section of Care2
- The Daily Green features a large collection of articles on green news as related to pets
- Slate has an article that’s pretty basic for “dirty dogs and carbon cats“, but at least it’s entertaining to read.
- Five Products to Green Your Cat on the Huffington Post. Never mind that I don’t agree that the Cat Genie deserves to be on this list. It is however, noteworthy that this topic is on the Huffington Post.
- Make Your Own Newspaper Cat Litter on TreeHugger.
HOW YOU CAN TAKE ACTION
- Today is an armchair action day, so click on a link and enjoy the read.
- If you haven’t done so already, send an email to PetSmart asking them why they aren’t doing more to be eco-friendly. See Day 24 of the 30-Day Green Cat Challenge and scroll down to the bottom of the post for a sample email and the link to send it to.
- You’re Invited to Take the 30-Day Green Cat Challenge – Give your cat a green makeover in a month!